When I think of sweet potatoes I usually imagine changing leaves outside, snuggling into a warm sweater, and gearing up for the holidays. However, this nutritious staple can be eaten year round, and when dressed up with a summer twist, it hits the spot just right!
Lime Glazed Sweet Potatoes
3 tbsps honey
cilantro to taste
3 large sweet potatoes
- After washing, cut the potatoes into very thin strips. I prefer them to be thinner because they cook quicker on the stove top. Leave skins on if you prefer.
- On medium heat, warm olive oil (enough to lightly cover the pan) and add sweet potatoes. Sautee for 5-7 minutes until cooked.
- In bowl, mix honey, lime, cilantro, and salt and pepper.
- Throw mixture into the sautee pan with the sweet potatoes and stir continuously until coated and the liquid evaporates. Make sure not to leave it or else it may burn with the sauce.
- After a couple minutes, remove from heat and serve!
This side dish pairs nicely with a light seafood dish, or is great all by itself!
Eat with all of your heart,